PPG – meeting actions 30 Sept 21
Posted by: Safia - Posted on:
Latest action plan – September 2021
Agenda 30th September 2021
- Welcome and introductions
- Role of PPG – see Health watch summary below.
- Overview of the last 18 months working under Covid restrictions
- Patient survey 2021
- Getting through to the GP practice by phone
- Finding our receptionist helpful
- Satisfaction with GP appointment times
- Speaking to a preferred GP
- Being offered a choice of appointments
- Satisfaction with the appointment being offered
- Support from local services and organizations to help manage long term conditions
- Agree action plan
- Staffing updates
- Social media
- Automated appointment booking
- Primary Care Networks and shared staff
- Next meeting
|Number||Issue||Action||Responsible for||Date to feedback||Action taken|
|1||Flu vaccines delayed and not communicated. Patient called in and told no appointments then received text 2 days later.||Put messages onto telephone recording ie if you are ringing about the flu vaccine please be aware that delivery has been delayed….Website was updated to give this message.||Anne||n/a|
|2||Telephone – long wait on hold||Put telephone calls stats onto website. Raise awareness via website and newsletter of busy times. Work towards policy that non appointment calls are answered outside of busy periods.||Anne and Dr Wasan||Dec 21|
|3||Patients calling asking practice to chase hospital appointments on their behalf.||Communicate with patients via telephone message that they are to phone hospitals directly. Put message onto website||Anne||October 21|
|4||Feeling that reception staff are less empathetic and understanding over recent period.||Whole practice meeting on 7 October 21. To discuss. Ongoing patient service training and development plans||Anne and Dr Wasan||October 21|
|5||Local community services and charitable services are not widely communicated.||Work with Social Prescriber and update website with information for patients. Practice staff to be aware of where they can signpost patients to.||Anne||Dec 21|
|6||Role of nursing and HCA staff unclear||Update via newsletter role of Nurse and HCA’s and what they do within GP practice and what is outside their remit.||Anne||Dec 21|
Purpose of a PPG:
- To give patients and practice staff the opportunity to meet and
discuss topics of mutual interest.
To provide a means for patients to become more involved and make
suggestions about the healthcare services they receive.
To explore issues from patient complaints and patient surveys,
contribute to actions plans and help monitor improvements.
4. To contribute feedback to the practice on National Patient Survey
results and Friends and Family Test feedback to propose
developments or change.
5. To support health awareness and patient education.