There are many ways to manage your health online. The most popular is the NHS Account which can be used via the app or on a PC. We have added some details about registering for this below. The other service we recommend is the Airmid App created by the same company who make our clinical system. You can use your NHS log in details to access this.
Visit NHS.uk for full information on other services available.
Online Access To Records
The NHS now allows all patients online access to their records from October 2023 onwards. If you wish to access information from before that date, please contact the practice. The NHS website offers more detailed information.
When looking at your record, please remember that it is written by health professionals, for health professionals, so is not always easy to understand. If you see something you do not understand, please do ask.
While all patients are allowed access, there are some for whom access to their records could be harmful. These records will be reviewed periodically to ensure they are safe to be viewed. They may be also specific parts of the record that will be hidden. This is for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to, risk of harm to the patient, it came from a third party or it needs to be discussed first.
We can also hide items from your record at your request if there are others who can access your records and you don’t want them to see certain bits.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices